Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PUPS!!!
Kolobok's smiles forums > For English users > Off-topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3
viannen

WOOF! *slobber-slobber* And what about us? I can pee on cushions too, y'know! Do I get my own thread for that?

wink.gif
Spellbound
Цитата (viannen @ Nov 8 2007, 03:49 AM) *
WOOF! *slobber-slobber* And what about us? I can pee on cushions too, y'know! Do I get my own thread for that?

wink.gif

Is that your dog, Viannen? Being a dog person (and "mum" to a German Shepherd) this little beauty really made me smile (at 4:22 am that is not an easy task wink.gif)
Just Cuz
QUOTE (viannen @ Nov 7 2007, 08:49 PM) *
And what about us?
Do I get my own thread?

A pup who can type should have his own television show. rofl.gif

themoose
QUOTE (Just Cuz @ Nov 7 2007, 10:58 PM) *
A pup who can type should have his own television show. rofl.gif

This place is starting to look like a *ZOO*. Do you "know" how many animal species there are:

Oh my word rofl.gif

Barb

PS: "Own TV show??" Heck, a pup who can type should be *President* pardon.gif
Just Cuz
QUOTE (themoose @ Nov 7 2007, 10:18 PM) *
"Own TV show??" Heck, a pup who can type should be *President*

acute.gif Tch... can't be if he's Canadian.

Besides, the chimp we have now is doing a bang-up job.

Katinka
DDDD is a lovely idea!
Animals have freedom to speak up here! Any species. They are like our sweet friends, Koloboks! Always tell the truth, always honest, always loyal and loving... the only thing differs is the peeing habit...
viannen
QUOTE (Spellbound @ Nov 7 2007, 10:23 PM) *
Is that your dog, Viannen?
Yep, that's my little buddy Rusty. declare.gif Sweet, isn't he? And quite the character! I'd tell you the tale of his rescue, but it's rather long and a three hanky story. cray.gif
QUOTE (Just Cuz @ Nov 7 2007, 11:47 PM) *
Besides, the chimp we have now is doing a bang-up job.
rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif LOL, JC! I just snorted tea all over my monitor. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (Katinka @ Nov 7 2007, 11:59 PM) *
Animals have freedom to speak up here! Any species. They are like our sweet friends, Koloboks! Always tell the truth, always honest, always loyal and loving... the only thing differs is the peeing habit...
You never know. Somewhere out there, there may be a mischievous little Kolobok peeing on a sofa cushion... mosking.gif (But I won't be the one drawing that. nea.gif )
evergreen
QUOTE (viannen @ Nov 8 2007, 05:49 AM) *

wink.gif

LOL...yes good.gif doggies do deserve their own thread.
Rusty.

I won't nea.gif ask for a birdie thread, my cockatiel Junie

is trying to "mate" with my computer mouse .

"Besides, the chimp we have now is doing a bang-up job. " good.gif

Just Cuz rofl.gif

But "Brownie" who did the "bang-up job" is long gone wink.gif .

KaiRa
Donno about pups, but are an expert on pubs.
Squirrel
QUOTE (viannen @ Nov 8 2007, 03:49 AM) *

wink.gif

Oh, what a lovely dog...this cute little face...*sigh* I'm for a doggy-thread smile.gif
mystic cat
Cute pup, Viannen! yahoo.gif Tiny and Jojo, my pups agrees about a dog thread. biggrin.gif
MotherGoose
He's adorable Viannen! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Here's our pack of dogs. They are all rescue dogs who had been abused and neglected. I am very proud with how well behaved they are now.

^Rocky on the left, German Shep/Collie mix.. and Punky Brewster ^ on the right, a Husky/Lab mix.

And ^ Caesar on the left, a "Rott'N Weiler", and my adorable Hubby ^ "Mr Bear" on the right.

biggrin.gif
mystic cat
Tiny is a ham for attention!No mater where it is,she never gets enough! biggrin.gif

Mothergoose, I love your pups!They very pretty and looks like they are very loving! tender.gif
evergreen
'MotherGoose'

Awesome "canine" family!!! clapping.gif

Nice "human" too! clapping.gif
mystic cat
I found this thing where dogs is getting off a space ship a few years back and thought it sounds much like Tiny's personality .. rofl.gif

MotherGoose
QUOTE (evergreen @ Nov 16 2007, 11:22 AM) *
'MotherGoose'

Awesome "canine" family!!! clapping.gif

Nice "human" too! clapping.gif

mosking.gif Thank you Evergreen!! I'll tell hubby you said so.

QUOTE (mystic cat @ Nov 17 2007, 11:41 AM) *
I found this thing where dogs is getting off a space ship a few years back and thought it sounds much like Tiny's personality .. rofl.gif

rofl.gif Mystic cat!! That's it! That's how they got here! clapping.gif
Doc

Well, uhm... I just don't know who that ugly guy is, but the handsome dog name is Sting and he's my ADL-Dog. He helps me with all sorts of things. he picks up all kinds of things I drop. Remote controls and wallets. He opens doors for me and helps me with the groceries. it's my saviour and pall, my wonderdog!!!

This photo is a bit old and Sting is too. I havent got any new ones I can share at the moment.
themoose
Цитата (Doc @ Jan 27 2008, 08:34 PM) *
Well, uhm... I just don't know who that ugly guy is, but the handsome dog name is Sting and he's my ADL-Dog. He helps me with all sorts of things. he picks up all kinds of things I drop. Remote controls and wallets. He opens doors for me and helps me with the groceries. it's my saviour and pall, my wonderdog!!!

This photo is a bit old and Sting is too. I havent got any new ones I can share at the moment.

What a nice dog!! I love that kind of dog that has the golden fur -- I know nothing about breeds. It's the gentle, loving look on their faces that I like.

Thanks for sharing. I'm a cat person myself, but, I wouldn't turn down a chocolate lab or a nice german shepherd or a nice golden colored dog!!

Barb
Doc
Sting is a Golden Retriever, and he loves cats too... to chase them away smile.gif he hasn't hurt any cat, never gets into fights he's a well trained and gentle dog.
Doc
Dog walking the dog

Sting and my friends dog
dilia
wonderful dog, Doc smile.gif.

My doggy can bring me only my slippers...

iamjustme
Beautiful dog Doc!! Thanks for the sharing! drinks.gif
ninapooh
Doc

Sting is absolutely gorgeous, how old is he now? I just love the look on his face. You must love him to bits
Just Cuz
QUOTE (Doc @ Jan 27 2008, 06:34 PM) *
Wow, Doc - I had no idea till you posted that picture.

You're still a bit of a PUP yourself.

I'd never looked at the age in your profile.

Because of your pugnacious personality, I always envisioned you as a crusty ol' fart in his mid-to-late fifties.

Turns out you're not all that much older than me.

Oh yes... nice doggie.

evergreen
Doc

Sting is a gorgeous dog. I love Golden Retrievers and Yellow Labs.

( Sting's "human" doesn't look too grumpy.
mystic cat
Цитата (Doc @ Jan 27 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Doc your dog looks like a sweetie! Your pretty cute your self... drinks.gif

Dogs are great companions! I can not imaggine not having one with me..
Thanks for sharing!
viannen
Sting is just beautiful, Doc! Thank you for sharing the photo with us. smile.gif

I always wanted a Golden Retriever (male) and planned to name him Mozart. (Don't ask. I was a strange kid. crazy.gif ) Once I was actually out on my own and in a position to get a pup, the Humane Society (SPCA) had become the only acceptable option to my mind. And the day I went, there among a plethora of pure-bred Labs, Shepherds, Goldens, Beagles and even a Dalmation, there sat a scruffy (and hideously overweight) little mongrel of uncertain origin with the apt but unimaginative name of "Rusty". And that mongrel stole my heart. pardon.gif Now he is lean and healthy and the best puppy that ever breathed. smile.gif
Doc
QUOTE (ninapooh @ Jan 28 2008, 06:26 PM) *
Doc

Sting is absolutely gorgeous, how old is he now? I just love the look on his face. You must love him to bits

Sting is 10 years of age now and soon to retire sad.gif
Stings "pensioners home" will be a few steets away at my a friend's house so he will be in good hands and he wont be completely out of sight, but I will surely miss him.

Great story, viannen, I like those people that don't go for just "georgeous and easy" and I know that some of his beauty he got from you and your good care. good.gif do you have more photos of your doggie?

I'm in a very good mood today, my mom sent me the photo's of Sting which I lost when my harddisk crashed. So I swim in photo's and memories right now. one of my nicest photos of Sting:
Becky
I love all the dogs in this thread... Sting is one magnificent animal!
Doc
Thanks, all dogs in here are great
Just Cuz
QUOTE (becky @ Feb 8 2008, 09:51 AM) *
I love all the dogs in this thread.

What sort of pets do you have, Becky?
Becky
Sorry I missed this question.. give_rose.gif We had a Siberian Husky, Tasha, for 14 years when she suddenly became ill- and we lost her. I decided then I couldn't have another pet because it's so darn hard to lose them.. but only 2 mos. passed and not cuddling with an animal I guess got to us.. we decided to adopt a cat - both working, thought a cat would be easier.. went to a shelter and found Bailey and he had a brother (Sid) so adopted him too.. They're 7 now and so sweet. I also feed a few homeless cats - we have quite the ferral population in my area and I volunteer with a TNR group and we trap, take to our volunteer vet and have them neutered, and then released back to the area. Can't even count the number of kittens I've fostered - guess I've become very much a cat person! But one day, I do want another dog - will be a small one, easy to pick up and travel with.. not that we travel much but one that can go with us.

My brother just got a GOLDEN DOODLE... he got it from a breeder than specializes in these sweet dogs.. I'm not a fan of "designer dogs" but Gracie is so adorable, sweet and smart. She's half poodle and half golden retriever..short hair and a non shedder.. She's made us rethink having a dog... but, at this time..it would turn my two feline spoiled bros' world upside down to have another animal.. .so, maybe one day.. I'll post a pic over in the cat thread of my guys later..
viannen
QUOTE (Becky @ Feb 10 2008, 09:14 AM) *
We had a Siberian Husky, Tasha, for 14 years when she suddenly became ill- and we lost her. I decided then I couldn't have another pet because it's so darn hard to lose them..

I totally understand that. I live in dread of the day I lose Rusty (he'll be 11 in April), and I don't think I could get another puppy. cray.gif
But Huskies are so beautiful! Friends of mine in the NWT rescued a huge male Husky (or so they thought), but he has an unfortunate penchant for... er... "domestic redesign" (read: demolition). It was after he ate half the sofa that they began to suspect he may be half wolf. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Doc @ Jan 30 2008, 07:35 AM) *
Great story, viannen, I like those people that don't go for just "georgeous and easy" and I know that some of his beauty he got from you and your good care. good.gif do you have more photos of your doggie?

Awww, thanks Doc! give_rose.gif Of course I have more pictures of Rusty! Oodles! smile.gif

pardon.gif
Just Cuz
That Rusty is one handsome fella.

QUOTE (Becky @ Feb 10 2008, 07:14 AM) *
My brother just got a GOLDEN DOODLE...

I'd never heard of a "GoldenDoodle" before. A Google search lead me to the name "LabraDoodle" as well.
I always thought mixed breeds were considered "mongrels". Who knew, people were intentionally doing it? pardon.gif

Doc
My new dog will most likely be a Labradoodle [an labrador/poodle pup] a goldendoodle my be a golden retriever/poodle pup
Becky
Rusty is beautiful, as are all the doggies in this thread! Will find a pic of Gracie and get it into my photobucket..
viannen
Thanks for the compliments. give_rose.gif I passed them on to Rusty, and he is looking very pleased with himself now. wink.gif
QUOTE (Just Cuz @ Feb 10 2008, 10:29 AM) *
I'd never heard of a "GoldenDoodle" before. A Google search lead me to the name "LabraDoodle" as well.
I always thought mixed breeds were considered "mongrels". Who knew, people were intentionally doing it? pardon.gif

I had to look it up, too, and then realized that I've seen a few of these around, but never made the connection. They're very cute. They kind of remind me of a cross between a Puli and an Old English Sheepdog.
Just Cuz
QUOTE (Doc @ Feb 10 2008, 09:53 AM) *
My new dog will most likely be a Labradoodle.

Is there an 'apprenticeship period' when you will have both dogs, or does Sting have to be gone before the new helper arrives?

Doc
cray.gif sting will go away first cray.gif
then I get to meet the new dog and hopefully its a match [the dog chooses me, not the other way around]

Sting is my first ADL-dog so I dont have a clue to be honest.
evergreen

A friend's pugs, Maggie (Mom) and Gryphon (Son)
in their new St. Patrick's Day sweaters pardon.gif .
mystic cat
Very cute pups, posted here! give_rose.gif Just so adorable! tender.gif
Doc
Sting's heavens new guard dog. The guy had cancer so he needed some other work.

rest in peace, my dear friend.
iamjustme
My condolences Doc...
evergreen
Doc

I am so sorry sorry.gif

Cathy
ninapooh
Oh Doc, I am so sorry to hear it. I remember you said that he was going to retire soon anyway, but to have him taken away from you this way, must be heart breaking. I think Heaven has got a lovely new addition to their flock.
Doc
Warning for people that may be disturbed quite easily: the following link is Sting on wednesday.

I think the picture isn't shocking but very peaceful and a great picture: sleeping Beauty
STAR
Oh sad.gif poor dog
( old or ill ?)

My condolences
viannen
Dear Doc, I am so very sorry for your loss. cray.gif Please accept my sincerest condolences.
mystic cat
give_rose.gif I am so sorry for your los ,Doc. I know that was hard on your heart. Hugs my friend.
ninapooh
QUOTE (Doc @ Jun 13 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Warning for people that may be disturbed quite easily: the following link is Sting on wednesday.

I think the picture isn't shocking but very peaceful and a great picture: sleeping Beauty

Yes that is a nice picture. It shows he is a peace. He has such a beautiful face. I know you will get another help dog. Have you found out already when this will be? It must be difficult. At least Sting passed away while he was still with you and not retired with someone else
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.