IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Requests for Edits or Conversions, I would like this smiley amended...
Almirena
post Jan 12 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #621

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,731

I am still working on it... This is hard to get right...!
Go to the top of the page
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
MotherGoose
post Jan 14 2012, 08:08 AM
Post #622

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Artist
Member No.: 2,664

QUOTE (Almirena @ Jan 10 2012, 02:19 AM) *
Thank you - I am honoured to find the conversions in the gallery!

Here is my attempt at a "fingers crossed" emoticon. The little Kolobok figure is worried (on his own behalf or on someone else's) and is crossing his fingers for good luck.

Ooooh! It is good to see someone new making some attempts at smiley making. clapping.gif give_rose.gif Very nice to meet you.

I really like the head movement and expression on this new work of yours. good.gif I have a "cross your fingers" smiley that you are free to take the hands from and change it in any way you would like.

This post has been edited by MotherGoose: Jan 14 2012, 08:09 AM
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jan 17 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #623

After more editing and frustration and thinking I can't do it... this is the result of the little kolobok crossing his fingers and wishing...

I think it's better than it was...

Oh, MotherGoose! Thank you for your kind generosity.

I wish I'd seen your cute version before I knocked myself out trying to achieve the fingers. Your version is much cleaner.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
MotherGoose
post Jan 17 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #624

Advanced Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Almirena @ Jan 17 2012, 04:22 AM) *
After more editing and frustration and thinking I can't do it... this is the result of the little kolobok crossing his fingers and wishing...

I think it's better than it was...

Oh, MotherGoose! Thank you for your kind generosity.

I wish I'd seen your cute version before I knocked myself out trying to achieve the fingers. Your version is much cleaner.

Oh no.. you have achieved a successful and clear finger cross. clapping.gif Bravo! We both found the same solution was necessary; make the hands much bigger. The "knocking your self out" effort was not a waste dear friend. You learned much in the process.

This post has been edited by MotherGoose: Jan 17 2012, 11:18 PM
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Aiwan
post Jan 18 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #625

Don
Group Icon

Group: Godfather
Member No.: 1

My opinion. (But you can ignore it ) Fingers must still be improved. They look unnatural. I'd take the old version and completed it. pardon.gif

--------------------
p.s. Обладаю смехотворными способностями в рисовании... I have a ridiculous drawing ability...
I'm sorry. But this forum is my home and I write in Russian here. I write in English when I can!
Написать мне письмо можно здесь. You can send me a message here.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Elffy
post Jan 18 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #626

Group Icon

Member No.: 410

QUOTE (Almirena @ Jan 12 2012, 07:29 AM) *
I am still working on it... This is hard to get right...!

just remember, the little things (like smilies) are the hardest things to get right.
but then again, practice makes longer hours trying rofl.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jan 19 2012, 03:22 AM
Post #627

Looking at the hands again, they do just look wrong - not so much on their own, but in association with the cute Kolobok.

The wrongness has to do with the hands not giving that same impression of innocent cuteness.

Aaagh! I need to create cute charming clean crossed fingers. Back to the drawing board. I need to save space in the height somehow, while STILL conveying the impression of two fingers folded over the palm, two fingers almost upright and crossed, and one thumb standing apart from the rest.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Aiwan
post Jan 19 2012, 08:35 AM
Post #628

Don
Group Icon

Almirena, Yes, take your old version and modify it. You are moving in the right direction. I used to redo work at least five times and more ... wink.gif

If people use your work, then they will look at it every day, hundreds of times. Animation and drawing must be perfect.

--------------------
p.s. Обладаю смехотворными способностями в рисовании... I have a ridiculous drawing ability...
I'm sorry. But this forum is my home and I write in Russian here. I write in English when I can!
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
MotherGoose
post Jan 19 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #629

Advanced Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Elffy @ Jan 18 2012, 05:55 AM) *
just remember, the little things (like smilies) are the hardest things to get right.
but then again, practice makes longer hours trying rofl.gif

QUOTE (Almirena @ Jan 18 2012, 04:22 PM) *
Looking at the hands again, they do just look wrong - not so much on their own, but in association with the cute Kolobok.

The wrongness has to do with the hands not giving that same impression of innocent cuteness.

Aaagh! I need to create cute charming clean crossed fingers. Back to the drawing board. I need to save space in the height somehow, while STILL conveying the impression of two fingers folded over the palm, two fingers almost upright and crossed, and one thumb standing apart from the rest.

Almirena, friends.gif I remember when I first came here to Aiwan's forums and started showing my beginning attempts at smiley making. Maybe it was just me or maybe it is a situation of the U.S., but I had never met anyone who strived for mastery over what I considered to be something for fun and play. Yes, I could see for a job to be a professional, one must strive for the best one could be, but for art work? I would look at a piece I had finished and most of the time I could see that it needed more work but I would tell myself, "That's good enough." mosking.gif

"That's good enough" is not how the artists here think or act. I am SO glad I learned to do what they do here. They just keep going back and improving their work. It's amazing and it has become a joy to do. I have never felt so satisfied about anything then a piece I was able to bring to a quality standard. I stopped thinking in terms of the finished product and really enjoying the process of making it. It's ok if one piece takes months to do. If you get stuck, just ask and they will help. What an amazing group. good.gif

You can also work on another idea and come back to it when ever you are ready. Make it your joy ad it will come across in the smiley when you are done. I see you have some talent, please know that is why you are being encouraged to be your best self.

This post has been edited by MotherGoose: Jan 19 2012, 08:57 AM
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jan 25 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #630

I seem to have replied on the wrong thread. Oops...!

Still working on the hands.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Cordobessa
post Oct 30 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #631

Member No.: 5,300

Please, you can convert these?

Thank you very much to heart
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
annette
post Aug 20 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #632

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,862

Hi there, hope I am posting in the correct place and just want to say that the smilies on this forum are amazing, you are all so talented
What I would like to ask is it possible to have the standard smilies in a different colour to match my forum? and also some dog ones would be great too, thank you good.gif
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Aiwan
post Aug 21 2014, 04:53 AM
Post #633

Don
Group Icon

annette, Hi! I do not like when my work "a little for their own needs." If a person does something unique, unrepeatable, new Kolobok unlike anything on anybody smiles, I'm glad of it. wink.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2017 - 03:17 PM