Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jul 19 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,731

More flags to celebrate FIFA, international peace (hopefully), and more:

Argentina Attached Image Belgium Attached Image Brazil Attached Image China Attached Image
Colombia Attached Image Costa Rica Attached Image Croatia Attached Image Denmark Attached Image
Egypt Attached Image Finland Attached Image Guatemala Attached Image Iceland Attached Image
Indonesia Attached Image Iran Attached Image Ireland Attached Image Israel Attached Image
Japan Attached Image Morocco Attached Image The Netherlands Attached Image Nigeria Attached Image
Panama Attached Image Peru Attached Image Portugal Attached Image Saudi Arabia Attached Image
Scotland Attached Image Senegal Attached Image Serbia Attached Image The Seychelles Attached Image
South Korea Attached Image Suriname Attached Image Sweden Attached Image ThailandAttached Image
Tunisia Attached Image Ukraine Attached Image Uruguay Attached Image Vietnam Attached Image
Go to the top of the page
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jul 22 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #43

How the old 78s (phonograph / gramophone records) were made:

Attached Image
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jul 23 2018, 03:04 PM
Post #44

How the old 78s (phonograph / gramophone records) were made:

Attached Image (corrected the bad frame)

Attached Image (with a recording horn)
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Jul 25 2018, 02:03 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 4,313

You are so busy, Almirena yahoo.gif

All the nice flags wink.gif
I like the trapez act very much.... clapping.gif and the grammophone idea clapping.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Jul 30 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #46

Reny, .

Hab' ich es richtig verstanden, daß Sie von Köln sind? Hier ist die Kolobok-Flagge von Köln. Attached Image
Ich habe auch eine Berliner Kolobok-Flagge gemalt (meine Mutter wurde in Ost-Berlin geboren). Der Bär ist schwer zu malen, mit so wenigen Pixeln! Attached Image

Am I correct in saying you are in Cologne, Germany? Here's the Kolobok flag for Cologne. Attached Image
I've also made a Berlin version (my mother was born in East Berlin). The bear is very hard to draw with so few pixels! Attached Image

I love collecting antique gramophones, and old 78s of Melba and Caruso. (Partly because I am a classical singer, amongst other things, but also just because I have the collecting bug.) That inspired the recording kolobok.

I am thinking of possibly doing a kolobok CD, but I don't know if it will work out the way I want it to.

I've also done another for the circus set. It's the circus strongman lifting two girl acrobats.
Attached Image

EDIT: Oh! I see it isn't displaying fully. Here is the circus strongman linked:

Also... the Great Sphinx of Giza: Attached Image

This post has been edited by Almirena: Jul 30 2018, 11:21 PM
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Aug 2 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #47

Big Ben. Attached Image
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Aug 2 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #48

QUOTE (Almirena @ Jul 30 2018, 10:14 PM) *
Reny, .

Hab' ich es richtig verstanden, daß Sie von Köln sind? Hier ist die Kolobok-Flagge von Köln. Attached Image
Ich habe auch eine Berliner Kolobok-Flagge gemalt (meine Mutter wurde in Ost-Berlin geboren). Der Bär ist schwer zu malen, mit so wenigen Pixeln! Attached Image

Am I correct in saying you are in Cologne, Germany? Here's the Kolobok flag for Cologne. Attached Image
I've also made a Berlin version (my mother was born in East Berlin). The bear is very hard to draw with so few pixels! Attached Image
yahoo.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Ja, Almirena, stimmt, ich bin aus Köln und freue mich wirklich riesig über die Kölner Flagge. Eine richtige Überraschung. yahoo.gif yahoo.gif Ganz herzlichen Dank, ist nicht einfach mit diesem Wappen, aber es sieht sehr gut aus und give_rose.gif

Yes, you are right, Almirena, I am from Cologne and I am very happy about the flag, yahoo.gif yahoo.gif this makes my day. Thank you so much, it's not easy with this weapon, but it looks very good.. give_rose.gif

The bear also is very well done, great work. good.gif

And I like Big Ben and the Sphinx clapping.gif Great! smile.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Aug 2 2018, 10:57 PM
Post #49

Ja, das Wappen ist so knifflig in Miniatur zu mahlen!
Ich freue mich, dass es dir gefällt.
Ich hab' gelernt, das Schachbrettmuster wird nicht richtig dargestellt, wenn Blockfarben nebeneinander in einzelnen Pixeln dargesteckt werden. Mit der kroatischen Flagge z. B. probierte ich, wie es geht!

(Können wir uns duzen?)

The coat of arms on the Köln (Cologne) flag is tricky to do in miniature. I'm so glad you like it. And... shall we call each other "du"? - (moving from the formal "you" to the informal/less formal or intimate form of "you").

It was a surprise to me when I first tried creating the chequerboard pattern (for the coat of arms), that one can't simply put one block colour next to another block colour, in single pixels, to recreate that pattern. It just doesn't render properly to the naked eye. I saw this when trying to draw the coat of arms in the Croatian flag!

I am so grateful that many people with an excellent ability to draw (particularly in miniature) have created some wonderful koloboks. I examine what they have done, how they achieved the effects that they have, what sort of shading they use, how they offset the effect of certain colours to create an illusion when one looks at the final result at 100%. It is such a revelation! I try to learn from their experience, and I bow to the inspiration of Aiwan in particular, as well as others such as Laie and Connie and Viannen (for instance) who have carried on within the framework of Aiwan's style.

Where are all of those wonderful graphic designer people now? It is hard to believe that they are no longer still drawing koloboks.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Aug 9 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #50

Almirena, (natürlich können wir uns duzen.) yess.gif

I really appreciate your work in drawing the Cologne weapon, it is very well done....and your other work, too give_rose.gif
And I am looking forward to the Croation flag, this will not be easy.

Yes, it is very quiet here after this many years of creative work. So sad...but I think they are not longer drawing koloboks.

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Aug 11 2018, 04:34 AM
Post #51

Croatian flag is one I'd already done:

I am temporarily unable to do any more koloboks; I've just had hand surgery! (Maybe I can do a little more further work on a kolobok I started a few days ago, but I will have to try with my left hand. It's a Thomas the Tank Engine kolobok.)
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Aug 11 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #52

Almirena, the Croation flag looks really great. clapping.gif

I am sorry you've had a hand surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery. give_rose.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Aug 19 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #53

My hand is still painful! (And the wound itself is swollen, but at least it's not infected.)

My doctor has said firmly, "Don't use your right hand until the stitches come out, and then, very little use (just finger exercises) for months."

So... Kolobok-drawing is on hold. (Also, emailing is hard; I have to reply to client emails but it is so slow typing with my left hand only. I am constantly temped to use my right hand and have to stop myself.)

Once I've recovered, I am going to draw a kolobok with its hand in a sling!
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Aug 23 2018, 07:37 PM
Post #54

Almirena, it seems you have to be patient. give_rose.gif Furthermore lots of luck for your hand, one day you will have recovered and make many wonderful koloboks. smile.gif air_kiss.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Aiwan
post Sep 3 2018, 04:49 PM
Post #55

Don
Group Icon

Group: Godfather
Member No.: 1

Hello! How much I missed!

I returned for a long vacation and ... I leave for work moil.gif Almirena, recover and as soon as recover, immediately sit down to draw koloboks, otherwise they will not let you live peacefully within you. crazy.gif

--------------------
p.s. Обладаю смехотворными способностями в рисовании... I have a ridiculous drawing ability...
I'm sorry. But this forum is my home and I write in Russian here. I write in English when I can!
Написать мне письмо можно здесь. You can send me a message here.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Sep 6 2018, 11:45 AM
Post #56

Hello Aiwan... welcome back give_rose.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Almirena
post Oct 1 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #57

I am still finding it hard to use my hand with the precision needed for Kolobok-making... but I do have a new little kolobok here.

It's an actor wearing a Greek mask of tragedy. Attached Image

I suppose if several of these are put together, it's a Greek chorus.

_ Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image_ _Attached Image

Thomas the Tank Engine:

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Almirena: Oct 1 2018, 07:39 PM
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Reny
post Oct 2 2018, 02:01 AM
Post #58

I like your actor very much, Almirena good.gif smile.gif and also the Tank Engine biggrin.gif
Hope your hand will be soon better. give_rose.gif

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2018 - 03:49 PM