> A few general "smiley" questions.
Mr Mayor
post Nov 28 2006, 01:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,348

Hi,
привет,
I have a few questions: Sorry if they've been covered before....
У меня есть несколько вопросов, извините, если они уже задавались ранее.

1) I'd like to start creating a few smileys of my own. I made a few gifs before, but basically, they were out of desperation. I'll post them at the bottom of this message.
So far, I already own PS8, and just downloaded MovieGear and Ulead GIF Animator 5.x so far.
Will this be enough to at least get me started? Any other reccomendations? $$ or free?

Я бы хотел начать делать смайлики ссамостоятельно. Я уже делал несколько гифов раньше, но, в основном, они выбил сделаны от безысходности. Я покажу их в конце сообщения.
Пока что у меня был фотошоп 8 и я только что загрузил MG и UGA 5.x.
Будет ли это достаточно, чтобы наконец начать? Может есть другие рекомендации? за деньги или бесплатно?

2) I found a smiley on another site and I'd really REALLY like to improve it, sorta make it my own (with my banner or something). Thats what I actually need help with the most.

Я нашел смайлик на одном сайте и очень ОЧЕНЬ захотел улучшить его, типа сделать его моим собственным, с баннером моим или еще с чем-то в этом роде. Это то, где мне наиболее действительно нужна помощь.
Seen here:
IPB Image <- If it doesnt make sense, maybe this will help....
если непонятен смысл происходящего, может эта картинка поможет...
IPB Image

3) See above! lol.gif

Ok, so here's some really quick things I made so far, TRUST ME, they are crude, and one of them is a bit "offbeat", my apologies if anyone is offended, ADMIN/MODS, it can be removed immediately if you feel it should be!
ок, вот несколько штук, которые я сделал на быструю руку, пока что. ВЕРЬТЕ МНЕ они сырые и оди из них немного "оригинален". Приношу изаинения, если кого-то задел. админы/модераторы могу удалить его, если чувствуете что он должен быть удален!

IPB Image <- all mine. все мое.

Apologies in advance. Thats Richard Simmons holding the sign by the way... Celebrity yes, International? God I hope not.... hahah
Заранее извиняюсь. Это Ричард Симмонс, держащий знак, кстати.. Знаменитось, да. Международная? боже.... надеюсь нет... хаха

IPB Image <- more borrowed and tweaked then ALL mine. более заимствованный и налаженный значит весь мой.

IPB Image <- I dont like this one even though I made it, it was thru a generator and it looks blurry, correction, it IS blurry.
Он мне не нравится, не смотря на то, что я его сделал. Я его пропустил через генератор и он выглядит размазанным, поправка, он И ЕСТЬ размазанный.

IPB Image <- This last one for another website I frequent......
Этот последний для одного сайта, который я часто посещаю....

Ok thats it, hope noones upset.
ладно, это все. Надеюсь, никто не растроился.

Thanks for your time!

Спасибо за уделенное время!

MGJ

This post has been edited by dilia: Nov 28 2006, 09:25 AM

--------------------
Mr Mayor, formerly known as MarGinJoey.
Go to the top of the page
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
snoozer
post Nov 28 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Artist
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(MarGinJoey @ Nov 28 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]4820[/snapback]

IPB Image

BOOGITY! BOOGITY! BOOGITY! IPB Image

IPB Image
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Just Cuz
post Nov 29 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 195

Cool! NASCAR fans. biggrin.gif

Sounds like you've got all the applications you need to make some awesome emoticons Mark.

There is one other thing that might be a big help to a beginner, and that is Aiwan's GDK -> http://www.kolobok.wrg.ru/modules.php?name...amp;files_id=63

--------------------
Aiwan is my hero.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 29 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #4

Snoozer, Fantastic!! Except we collectively hate Jeff Gordon! HAHA! Ok ok, not hate, but the wife likes Tony Stewart (#20 Home Depot)

I am one of those obsessive tinkerers, so that smiley is awesome! But I'd add the Boogityx3 followed by the "lets go racin boys!"

Thanks to Dilia for editing my post above! It's so appreciated!
Thanks 'cuz for the file! And Aiwan for creating it!

edit- Snoozer, is it intentional that your host/isp blocks the SAVE TARGET AS and only allows the file to be SAVE PICTURE AS a .BMP ?

MGJ

This post has been edited by MarGinJoey: Nov 29 2006, 04:12 AM

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
viannen
post Nov 29 2006, 04:41 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,273

QUOTE(MarGinJoey @ Nov, 07:58 PM) [snapback]4834[/snapback]
edit- Snoozer, is it intentional that your host/isp blocks the SAVE TARGET AS and only allows the file to be SAVE PICTURE AS a .BMP ?

MGJ

I have no problem saving Snoozer's smilies as GIFs - maybe you need to clear your browser cache? Oh, and thank you for the rose, Mark. Very sweet of you. wink.gif

--------------------
Namasté,

You can't choose the world you live in, but you can choose how you live. You can't choose what they may take away, but you might choose what you give.

Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 29 2006, 05:57 AM
Post #6

You're welcome V.

Browser "cache" will not "open up" file associations... It just doesnt work like that. Somethings weird there....

Too tired to look at the moment, been playing "What the hell happened to my banner and website now that I have I-E 7?" - It's fixed now but what a pain in the @$$ ! (I don't suppose that Russia has this expression huh?)

MGJ

This post has been edited by MarGinJoey: Nov 29 2006, 05:57 AM

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
viannen
post Nov 29 2006, 07:15 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(MarGinJoey @ Nov, 09:57 PM) [snapback]4836[/snapback]
Browser "cache" will not "open up" file associations... It just doesnt work like that. Somethings weird there....

Well, actually a full browser cache is the most likely cause, but you don't have to take my word for it: http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx. It's your choice of course, but I'd try clearing my cache and refreshing the page. wink.gif

--------------------
Namasté,

You can't choose the world you live in, but you can choose how you live. You can't choose what they may take away, but you might choose what you give.

Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Just Cuz
post Nov 29 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 195

QUOTE( MarGinJoey)
Snoozer, is it intentional that your host/isp blocks the SAVE TARGET AS and only allows the file to be SAVE PICTURE AS a .BMP ?
QUOTE( viannen)
maybe you need to clear your browser cache?
For some reason, snoozer's images do not load into the cache on my system either.

Must be something about our OS that is different in yours, viannen.

This one's available through the artist pages though or in blue if you like

--------------------
Aiwan is my hero.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
viannen
post Nov 29 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(Just Cuz @ Nov, 01:57 AM) [snapback]4839[/snapback]
Must be something about our OS that is different in yours, viannen.
What OS are you running? My systems are all on XP Pro (SP2) and I have no problems in IE7 or Firefox 2.0. Very peculiar. unknw.gif

--------------------
Namasté,

Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 29 2006, 04:11 PM
Post #10

Viannen, I clear cache daily. That's the only reason I didn't think that'd be the issue. Would love to be wrong here.... I'll read that article at work shortly.. Interesting.

3 - XP Home Sp2 with IE6 here. (My Desktop)
2 - XP Pro Sp2 with ie6 (1 work, and one for a friend being built)
1 - XP Pro sp2 with ie7. (My laptop)

All the same issue.
Odd..definitely odd.

MGJ

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Dooris
post Nov 29 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Friends
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(MarGinJoey @ Nov 29 2006, 02:57 AM) [snapback]4836[/snapback]
It's fixed now but what a pain in the @$$ ! (I don't suppose that Russia has this expression huh?)
You'r so wrong - we have it... rofl.gif

QUOTE(viannen @ Nov 29 2006, 01:41 AM) [snapback]4835[/snapback]

I have no problem saving Snoozer's smilies as GIFs - maybe you need to clear your browser cache? Oh, and thank you for the rose, Mark. Very sweet of you. wink.gif
Try to use Opera, not IE. It'll go fine
It's the browsers problems on Windows OS... may happend to anyone

--------------------

За Джентельменов с большой буквы
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
viannen
post Nov 29 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(MarGinJoey @ Nov, 08:11 AM) [snapback]4845[/snapback]
Viannen, I clear cache daily. That's the only reason I didn't think that'd be the issue.
Ok, I stand chastened and rebuked. pardon.gif wink.gif But the fact that you run essentially the same OS/browser combination as I do, makes it even more curious. Being a bit of a geek, I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to conundrums like this, so I looked it up. According to the Microsoft Knowledge Base, it's either the cache (and we've eliminated that one) or having "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" selected in the Advanced Options. But that makes little sense, because Snoozer's smiley page isn't on a "secure connection". (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q260650#)

Another site claims that corrupt or damaged downloaded program files can cause this as well. It provides the following instructions:
Remove Bad Downloaded Program Files:

1. Open IE
2. Click Tools
3. Click Internet Options
4. Click General Tab
5. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings
6. Click View Objects
7. Look at the Status column. Right click on the files listed as either Unknown or Damaged, and then select Remove from the context menu.
8. Confirm with Yes
9. Close the remaining windows by clicking OK

If the above does not work, you may have to remove all the files in the Downloaded Program Files folder.

It's worth a try, I suppose? But maybe Dooris' advice is best. Download Opera or Firefox and give it a whirl? unknw.gif

--------------------
Namasté,

Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 29 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #13

Geek to geek then, I've run all the browsers (includes Maxthon, Opera, KMeleon, Firefox, Netscape etc) in the past including numerous O.S's too. I actually like IE ( was that lightning? rofl.gif ) for ACTIVE X components (yup, that was thunder rofl.gif ). Parasites/popups etc. arent a problem with me only because it's what I do for a living so to speak.

I found no corruption in those objects anyway. However I noted the reccomendation to empty the "Down~Prog~Files" a bit odd. You see, if you do this, then browse to this directory via MS-DOS (gasp!) you will find many left over files. So perhaps this should be emptied too, but I'd hate to have to go thrrough and re-d/l Java, Putfile, Flash + Shockwave, MSUpdates, and all the others, just to "test" that theory, ya know? Just thought it was worth mentioning. (And I wouldnt dream of doing that @ work, I've got nearly 35 objects currently on this box)

I'll look into this more in a bit, I am at work you know..... so it'll have to be handled with "kid gloves" for the time being.

I'll post my findings later.

Thanks!

MGJ

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
snoozer
post Nov 29 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Cool! NASCAR fans.

pardon.gif yes! IPB Image

Snoozer, Fantastic!!

IPB Image Планы были грандиозные!... терпения хватило только на двоих smile.gif I had grandiose plans!..... but my patience gave out and i made only two smile.gif

Except we collectively hate Jeff Gordon!

Ну и что? Мне, непример, Schumacher не нравится, правда не тот который в NHRA, а тот который в F1 wink.gif so what? for example I don't like Schumacher, not that one who is in NHRA, but who is in F1 wink.gif

IPB Image
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 29 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #15

My findings: Probably premature, as Snoozer is replying now.....

http://str.sbn.bz/nr_24_L.gif is where the @24 nascar smiley is hosted. It is THE only GIF that cannot be saved as a GIF, only as a BMP.

So, as per recc, I deleted all my cache n cookies etc..... and tried it again, FIRST thing I did was log on here, and come straight to this post, and attempted to save, no good.

So- is it possible that Snoozer, or his host have prevented this image from being copied fully? Maybe a permissions issue (but I cant think of a permission *I* know of that could prevent this---perhaps it's something custom on //str.sbn.bz ????

Snoozer? Your input is requested... mostly so I can keep my sanity! rofl.gif

EDIT= I also cannot save the NEXTEL and #16 smiley, and they all come across the same "untitled" and .BMP only.... the others are ok.

2nd EDIT = I can right click the TEXT link and save target with no issue...... just thought I'd mention it. So I downloaded the file for a test..... and uploaded it to my server.

TEST biggrin.gif

http://www.slotcaraddicts.com/wavstuff/ban...ers/nr_24_L.gif

Ok the #24 image has been ftp'ed to my server for testing. Now, if it's a cache issue, then I should still have a problem. right?

Here goes! bomb.gif

3rd EDIT = It works fine, both text and image. yahoo.gif Now what? pardon.gif

MGJ

This post has been edited by MarGinJoey: Nov 29 2006, 07:25 PM

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
dilia
post Nov 29 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #16

Main Assistant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

i also have problems with saving snoozer's images.... i have IE 6.0. my browser see them as bmp. But i have this problem not only with snooser... some viannen's smileys aslo i see as bmp. It a bug of IE i guess.
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
viannen
post Nov 29 2006, 11:27 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

unknw.gif I'm glad you got it to work for you, Mark, but it really is bizarre. Ummm, Dilia... just out of curiosity, can you tell me which of my smilies give you trouble?

--------------------
Namasté,

Add Name in post
+Quote Post
snoozer
post Nov 29 2006, 11:56 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Я так и не понял в чем проблема? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810978/en-us IPB Image
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
dilia
post Nov 30 2006, 01:08 AM
Post #19

Main Assistant
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

Ummm, Dilia... just out of curiosity, can you tell me which of my smilies give you trouble?

i don't remeber which one. It happens with other pictures too, just your smilies were the last that i tried to save.

Thanks Snozer, it is working now, but not with your smilies pardon.gif
from this website http://str.sbn.bz/ i see bmp as usuall
Add Name in post
+Quote Post
Mr Mayor
post Nov 30 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #20

Hello,
Next issue. MOVIEGEAR 4 is 30 day shareware? Does it truly expire or can I continue to "agree" to the EULA?
Just wondering..... I start my first smiley tonite. Wish me luck wacko.gif

Second question.. the Kolobok GDK file, this looks like nothing more than license agreement. I saw another post here with a screenshot with some sort of templates available? Or am I mistaken?

ALSO, I made a mistake, I have PS7, not 8. Anyone think this may be an issue later?

MGJ

This post has been edited by MarGinJoey: Nov 30 2006, 02:52 AM

--------------------
Add Name in post
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2020 - 08:31 AM